This is a very special opportunity to join a small but highly specialised team of people working with Charles and Patricia Lester. This is a position for a Mary Poppins/PA / Office Manager and/or writer/social media/web content manager to help us keep the day-to-day running of the business ticking over smoothly.
We are particularly keen to hear from people who have interests in journalism, creative writing and copy editing for press releases, newsletters and web content.
This is a very flexible position and would be perfect for a new graduate, a working mum, someone returning to work or wanting something interesting to do just prior to or after retirement. Full or part time.
Tasks are many and varied!
May Include any combination of the following:
- General office admin and filing
- General secretarial duties including dealing with daily correspondence
- General book-keeping including raise invoices / pay bills, account reconciliation, etc..
- Answer the phone
- Update Customer records and respond to initial enquiries
- Meet and greet customers ensuring that they are pointed in the right direction on arrival
- Manage day to day running of websites and social media
- Copy writing and editing web content, creating press releases, etc..
Training will be given for tasks that are pertinent to our business especially things like social media management and updating websites.
The team of people is small so whilst you will be working with one or two principals, a certain flexibility will be expected to work with other members of the company in their respective roles.
Highly computer literate: especially the Microsoft Office suite
Book keeping, admin and organisation
Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
This position will suit someone who
- is sociable and enjoys working with a small group of friendly and good natured people
- has a love of meeting people from diverse backgrounds
- retains high attention to detail and a care for doing quality work
- is very organised and can help others with keeping up to date with what is needed
- is absolutely a team player – we are a small, intimate team who invariably muck in with all sorts of jobs depending on what is needed in the day
- is able to converse confidently with customers, suppliers and associates
- is keen to ensure all work produced is to a high standard
Statutory holidays of 20 paid days plus Bank Holidays pro rata.
Normal working hours are between 9am and 5.30pm
Full or part time within those hours at the premises
Pay is basic but the job is very interesting!
The Workhouse Design Studios, Hatherleigh Place, Union Road,, Abergavenny NP7 7RL
Able to demonstrate relevant experience in a previous role
How to apply
Please click here to fill in our application form and send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Closing Date 24th July