Digital marketing and PR assistant apprentice vacancy
This is a rare and extraordinary opportunity to work and learn with one of the most established and unusual fashion houses in the UK. A small family run business that is known for its unique luxury women’s wear and one-off interiors textiles. Recognised for its creativity, innovation and quest for excellence, they are now looking for one or two people to join their team to help market and promote the work of this business.
The successful applicant(s) for the post of digital assistant apprentice will not only work closely with the principals of the company but also be able to be involved in the many other aspects of the business. This will involve front of house meet and greet of customers and visitors, manufacturing and production as well as taking part in events and exhibitions.
Their main role will be in managing social media, website development mostly using wordpress, email marketing, press releases, etc.. Content creation using different media will also be involved including word, graphic design, photography, video, etc..
The majority of this role requires someone who is highly technically oriented for setting up and management of websites including installation and maintenance of plugins and add-ons, managing social media channels including linking platforms, scheduling posts, SEO, setting up email templates and organising the scheduling of email newsletters, etc. and generally managing the IT aspects of the marketing process.
Duties will include a full range of uses of digital technology for which training will be given if required for which at least an interest and some experience is needed. Previous experience of other areas also welcomed.
- Excellent I.T. Skills including Microsoft Office, Word, windows etc and ideally some experience with graphic design software such as Photoshop.
- Web design and management using wordpress and/or HTML experience!
- Web applications such as social media management tools, platforms, etc..
- An understanding of the more technical aspects including programming especially for troubleshooting and problem solving would be useful.
- Excellent communication skills, spoken and in particular, written. Some creative writing or journalistic talent would also be a great benefit when producing original content for blogs and social media.
- Photography and/or video would be very useful as would being able to use film and photography editing software to create content for websites, etc..
- Friendly, social and ability to talk to and connect with a huge variety of people.
- Passionate about art, design, fashion, interiors, photography, women’s fashion, textiles and other crafts.
- Creative and willing to explore a variety of ideas presented by others.
- Able to work under own initiative and as a part of a group.
- Social Media savvy and interested in connecting with a variety of people.
The above is a broad definition of the job responsibilities. It does not take into account every aspect of the job which the jobholder may be required to perform. Flexibility is essential and the job description will be reviewed from time to time to ensure it remains in line with business requirements.
- Permanent or temporary depending on applicant’s suitability and preferences.
- Part time: 20 hours per week for two persons or 40 hours for one (flexible).
- This post is aimed at providing a 6 months apprentice placement.
- one month probationary period, 3 month review and the potential of being able to continue the role on an ongoing basis.
- Pay will start on basic minimum – Salary of £10,670 (18-20 yo) or £13520 (min 21 yo) pro rata.
- Statutory holidays of 20 paid days plus Bank Holidays.
- 8 hour days Monday to Friday. Generally 9am to 5-5.30pm although there is some flexibility on this.
- Out of hours work may be required and will be encouraged if it is appropriate for achieving our objectives or supporting special events. Fair hours will be applied in these situations with time off given in lieu for extra hours worked.
- Location –Abergavenny, Monmouthshire South Wales UK.
Graduates who have the interests and skills. We would consider those who have finished school and have good GCSEs and A levels in appropriate subjects.
1. Please forward a copy of your C.V. to us at email@example.com AND
Closing date for applications 11th September